In this video we’re taking a look at Baby Audio’s brand new plugin, which comes out today! We’re big fans of Baby Audio because they do really simple and really good sounding plugins!
You can enter to win 1 of 3 copies! So make sure you enter below to win!
I like the idea of this plugin because it does the 3 things that I do on every mix. It has 3 busses; spank, the dry, and the heat.
If you’ve ever watched any of my mixing in the box sessions, when I do drums, I have a parallel set up just to add the transients. Then I get the really over the top destroyed one, which they call the “the heat” and then I mix it back into the dry- you bring those 3 elements together and you get a really great drum sound!
Baby Audio has put all 3 in one plugin, which is rather special!
Let’s get right into it! We’re going to start with the “Parallel Aggressor” on the drums! Watch the video below to learn more about the “Parallel Aggressor!”
Learn More about the Baby Audio Parallel Aggressor below!
UNLOCK UNPARALLELED POWERS
Parallel processing plays a fundamental part in getting a “big” mix sound. By processing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together, you can add more punch to a mix — in a more natural-sounding way.
It’s like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track – each focused on doing one specific job – can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own.
Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept. The plugin splits your audio into three equal parts:
Dry – Your original signal
Spank – A heavily compressed duplicate ]
Heat – A heavily saturated duplicate
Work the duplicates hard! Then combine all three signals to squeeze every drop of sonic juice out of your track.
GREAT SOUND – GREAT SIMPLICITY
You’re probably using parallel processing all over your mixes already. But Parallel Aggressor is designed to give you the maximum sonic impact with the lowest possible track count. No extra busses or mix faders needed.
Like with all our plugins, we’ve engineered Parallel Aggressor to inject its own sonic flavor into your mix. The plugin is designed to make the small decisions internally, while leaving the big decisions to you.
Spank offers an addictively punchy compression algorithm, designed to adapt to your audio signal. It begins where our I Heart NY plugin ended, with improvements in sound quality, signal detection and flexibility.
Style injection buttons: Extra Punch, Extra Smack, Sidechain Filter, Mono.
Heat is a warm, analog modeled, saturation algorithm with an aggressive bite. It is based on our tape saturator from Super VHS, but has been rewritten and optimized for the Parallel Aggressor release.
Style injection buttons: Extra Hot, Tone, HP Filter, LP Filter.
Auto Gain ensures that the combined output of the plugin’s three signals roughly matches the input/dry level. This allows you to experiment with different internal mix balances while keeping a consistent plugin output.
PARALLEL AGGRESSOR – WORKFLOW
1. Balance the three parallel signals from the main level mixer.
2. Use the Spank and Heat knobs to dial-up the firepower of the parallel engines.
3. The meters help you set the right amount of Spank and Heat for any audio signal. (Dial the main Spank/Heat knobs until the meters peak right before the orange line).
4. The style knobs inject desirable sonic flavors into the parallel engines. Engage many at once. 5. The solo buttons let you monitor each parallel signal individually for fine-tuning purposes.
6. Turn on Auto Gain to get a consistent plugin output, roughly matching the input level.
7. Output sets the global output level (post Auto Gain).
8. Switch between three different color schemes by clicking the top left icon.
Parrallel Aggressor comes loaded with 25 presets created by BABY Audio and some friends of the house:
• KurtCurt (Grammy nominated engineer for 2 Chainz, Diamond D, Wiz Khalifa).
• Anthony Saffery (Billboard #1 producer for Portugal. The Man, Dirty Vegas, Cornershop).