Today we have part THREE of our Building A New Studio series, where I am turning a small children’s bedroom into a studio! Check out Part 1 and 2 here
Our friends from Sweetwater, including one of my old engineers and good friend, Mike Arango, and helping us with this incredible build.
We are looking at the best interfaces and speakers, and some of the best ones in different prices ranges.
There will be 3 different price points for interfaces:
- Entry Level: 1 to 2 inputs, inexpensive
Audient EVO 4 USB Audio Interface [watch our EVO Interface review here]
- Medium Level: 2 inputs, comes with plugins or software
UAD Apollo Twin Audio Interface
- Higher Level: multiple inputs, comes with plugins or software, and high quality
PreSonus Quantum 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
There will also be 3 different price points for Speakers:
- Entry Level
Kali Audio LP6 [watch our LP6 2nd Wave Speaker Review here]
- Medium Level
ADAM Audio A7X
- Higher Level
Focal Shape 65
We also looked at some options for Speaker Stand & Isolation that we will be using and testing out! You can check them out here:
- Iso Acoustics ISO 155 Stabilizers
- Primeacoustic RX7
- RAB Audio Pro Rak SDM50 Variable Height Monitor Stands
- Gator Frameworks Elite Series Floor-Standing Studio Monitor Stands
We are so excited because our goal for this room is to be able to test out and interchange different speakers, interfaces, etc. so that we can see what combinations work best for different price points.
Watch the video below to learn more about the best interfaces and speakers for home studios!