This week has been insane for us over at Produce Like A Pro! We spent Monday – Wednesday at Blackbird Studios in Studio D doing a masterclass with Academy members, the last 2 days at Summer NAMM and tomorrow I’m going to be doing a panel at Vintage King’s fourth annual Gear and Beer Summit! (Register for that FREE here)
Since we’re at summer NAMM we had a chance to chat with some amazingly talented individuals, and we also had the chance to answer some of your frequently asked questions!
One of the people we talked with was Colin Liebich from BAE Audio! He showed us around some gear that they’ll be releasing soon, as well as a piece that we’re all familiar with at Produce Like A Pro; the UK Sound 1173!
Check out the UK Sound 1173 here: https://bit.ly/2BniUHM
BAE was kind enough to give us a Royaltone to give away! Enter the giveaway at the top of this post!
We also had a chance to chat with the very talented Gena Johnson! Gena as worked with artists such as Brandi Carlile, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, and Kelly Clarkson! See her full discography here.
We asked Johnathan Pines of Rupert Neve “Is hardware really necessary?” Watch his response here (20:36)
Last, but certainly not least we have Mr. Larry Crane, Founder of Tape Op Magazine! Larry walks us through his technique to add depth to a mix using silence. Watch his response here (28:38)
We answer a ton of other Frequently asked questions during this episode!
Make sure you leave a ton of comments and questions down below (and on YouTube)!
The Royaltone further explorers the possibilities of vintage English fuzz circuits in a dual-stomp format featuring powerful in-series 3-band tone circuit. The Royaltone’s fuzz imparts an instantly recognizable spitting, buzzy grit that cuts right through even the densest mix.
• All Solid State design with 4 Bipolar, low noise transistors.
• Individual sections for High Frequency Boost and Fuzz; each section has true bypass foot switch.
• Sonically selected film, ceramic, mica, and electrolytic capacitors.
• Individual gain pots for each section. Fuzz section also has control pots for Juice, Bass, and Treble.
• Power: Single 9V battery; can be bypassed with external power supply and 2.5mm power jack – center Negative; battery need not be removed.
• Total Maximum current draw: <6 mA.
• Unit is powered when input is connected, whether LEDs are on or off. Remove plug from the input jack to conserve battery power.
• Handbuilt in the USA.
• BAE build quality throughout.