This is a super neat tool and trick shown today by our incredible friend, Manny Nieto.
There is always a possibility of the polarity being reversed along the audio signal and during the lifespan of the equipment which is why it is incredibly important to check it during your sessions
The Cricket by Galaxy Audio is an incredible tool that every audio professional should have in their studio to check the polarity of microphones. Having the incorrect polarity in your mic can cause havoc for your recordings and introduce phase to the signal.
Whilst there are many ways to resolve phasing issues in recordings, it does not hurt to ensure you’re getting it right at the source! Check out the full video below as Manny takes us through his tests for drum recording using The Cricket to ensure his microphones are set and positioned correctly without any phase issues.
Watch below – With Manny Nieto
Key Features of FAME Studios Reverb
- Captures the sound and vibe of the iconic FAME Studios
- Includes both studios with iso booths, chamber and plate reverb
- Includes FAME’s newly restored original echo chamber
- Dedicated mic positions per instrument deliver unmatched authenticity
- Console preamp modeling lets you add the vintage sound of FAME’s original console to each studio space
- Newly improved, proprietary VRM™ technology delivers the most realistic sound spaces ever
- Pre-delay & Decay Time controls, EQ and mic options
- Dry and Wet signal level controls with solo buttons
- Works as a single plug-in or inside T-Racks 5