Today, we are reviewing a brand new plugin by Waves, the SSL EV2.
I know SSL’s quite well; I mix on a 4000 and have made many records on this consul and many others around the USA and the UK when I lived there, so this is going to be interesting. I have very high hopes for the SSL EV2, because the recent reiterations they have done, like the CLA Mix Hub, have been a great step up!
The SSL EV2 is a brand-new recreation of the legendary SSL 4000E console channel strip, which they have made with full cooperation and authorization from Solid State Logic. Its new features include the original SSL ‘O2’ Brown EQ and the console’s richly saturated mic pre and line inputs, SSL EV2 delivers a new level of analog depth and detail – an elevated take on the timeless SSL sound.
SSL EV2 comes loaded with over 600 presets – including hundreds of presets by Grammy®-winning producers and mix engineers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Lu Diaz, Dave Pensado, Rich Costey, Jack Joseph Puig, and many more.
The SSL EV2 Includes:
- Brand new modeling of the classic SSL 4000E console channel strip
- Authorized by Solid State Logic
- New level of analog depth, richness and detail
- New: Switch between the iconic Brown (O2) and Black (242) knobs
- New mic pre/line section for rich harmonic saturation
- Place Dynamics before or after EQ for more creativity and control
- 600+ presets by Grammy®-winning producers and mixers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Dave Pensado, Lu Diaz, many more
Watch the video below to learn more about the Waves SSL EV2!