What is a VoxDoubler? (From Sonnox.com)
VoxDoubler is presented as two separate Plug-Ins that focus on the two most common vocal doubling workflows.
Vocal performances lie at the very heart of a song. Doubling vocals is a really effective way of adding more contrast, drama and presence to the story of your song.
It’s therefore hard to imagine much of recorded popular music without the special quality that double-tracked vocals bring to a mix, either used over an entire track or just to help a chorus or key lyric connect with a listener.
Generates two new mono voices and pans them to the left and right of the original vocal.
Widening a mono performance, ranging from subtle enhancement to a stack of hard-panned voices
Generates a new stereo doubled voice and overlaps it with the original vocal.
Great for thickening a:
• Mono performance, emulating the effect of singing the same part twice
• Stereo group of voices by doubling each voice
• Generate believable double and triple vocal tracks to create width, depth or add thickness
• Humanise section to adjust the Timing and Pitch of the doubles relative to the original vocal
• Depth control to push the new doubled voices deeper into the mix
• Tone control to prevent sibilant doubles from becoming distracting, or to brighten those that are too muddy
• Track/Aux mode allows you to apply the effect in place or, for more advanced control, mix it in parallel on an aux return
• A more cost-effective alternative, both in terms of initial outlay and speed of use, than more complex and manual processes
• Engineered for vocals, but try it on instruments too!
• Hallmark Sonnox audio precision, transparency and reliability