This is a very special edition of FAQ Friday! Not only do we have some amazing questions, we’re also announcing the 3 winners of the 2018 Mix/Remix Competition!
We got hundreds of great mixes, unfortunately we couldn’t choose everyone.
We could have chosen 20 winners. Seriously!
It was so hard to choose only 3 winners that we actually had to choose the top 5!
This contest was a collaboration with In The Mix, a superb educational Youtube channel, which shows you the intricacies of electronic music production, mixing and mastering. If you haven’t yet, I highly recommend you check it out!
You can find the winning mixes/remixes at the bottom of this post.
During this episode of FAQ Friday I answer the following questions:
• If I have a mono guitar track, should I always bus it and then pan that bus with an effect opposite to the original….or is it ok to just have a mono guitar track panned one way with no effect panned opposite?
• Do you use distortion on every bass to get high end information to help it cut through the mix?
• How do I make sounds that slowly become louder to make a transition from a quiet verse to a loud chorus?
• What software are you using to record the video showing the computer screen and the sound coming from the audio interface output?
• Could you explain how you handle mixing songs that have different tempos throughout, and perhaps how you manage tempo transitions?
• How do we find out when the next live stream is?