For those of you new to the channel, FAQ Friday is our weekly roundup of YOUR questions! Every week I get a ton of great questions and this week is no exception.
Before I get into this week’s questions, I want to tell you a little bit about the Produce Like A Pro Academy. If you haven’t signed up yet, take a second to try out a 14 day free trial (cancel any time, no strings attached). We have so many amazing members inside the academy who help each other, share information and most importantly have no ego! AND every single month we get new multitracks to mix, and we do mix critiques as well! Everyone helps each other. They all post their settings and plugins – especially if we love their vocal sound (or other sound). It’s a wonderful forum and a great place to share information and most importantly ! Everyone in there is incredibly helpful!
Let’s jump into this week’s questions:
Are there any recording/production books you would recommend?
Absolutely! The list is below with links to each of the books!
Modern Recording Techniques – David Miles Huber
Here There and Everywhere – Recording the Music of the Beatles – Geoff Emerick
Confessions of a Serial Songwriter – Shelly Peiken
The Studio Builder’s Handbook – Bobby Owsinski
My Personal Favorite Book is:
Making Records: The Scenes Behind the Music – Phil Ramone
I go into more depth in the video below! I also answer the following questions:
• How would you recommend cleaning monitors, just a wipe or compressed air? These straightforward tips are great man ?
• Do you usually print the OH/Room with the sample, or maybe print it to a different track/not print at all?
• What’s your favorite song off night at the opera? mine has to be “death on two legs” so raw
• Is some outboard EQ a reasonable band-aid solution to treat a room while I-save-up-for/build bass traps and baffles?
• Are there any recording/production books you would recommend?
I hope you enjoyed today’s FAQ Friday! I’ll see you next week!